|The Dixie Brewery, 1979|
- Five years after, is creativity saving New Orleans?
- Iraq is still “bleeding antiquities“.
- The Art Newspaper is reporting that the Museum Wiesbaden has voluntarily returned a 17th century work to heirs of a Jewish art dealer after the painting was lost to Nazi spoliation, and also reports on the Kokoschka claim denied by the 5th Circuit.
- Also, a Nazi spoliation case against Spain can move forward in federal district court in Spain.
- The New York Times looks at the art theft “frustrating” France.
- Via David Gill, a video lecture by Professor Richard vans at Cambridge on “Looted Art and its Restitution“.
- Another motive for art theft, arranging for the return of art and valuables to avoid jail time.
- Boston FBI head says the Gardner theft will receive a “laser-like focus“.
- Craig Childs’ new book may ask some pointed questions of archaeology.
Questions or Comments? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org