|A Rothko has been found, Christie’s expects to auction it for $18 million|
- Hmm. A ‘new’ 7-ft Marc Rothko?
- Palm tree justice realized: an Egyptian court jailed five officials over the theft of the Van Gogh painting last summer.
- Salzberg’s Museum of Modern Art will hand over a 1915 painting by Klimt called “Litzlberg am Attersee” to the Canadian descendant of the previous Jewish owner. The work was seized in 1941.
- The evilest art dealer?
- Italian antiquities were seized at the Swiss border and a curious apulian fishplate at looting matters.
- The LAPD’s Art Theft Detail interviewed by Catherine Sezgin.
- Securing Egypt’s ancient treasures.
- Spain recovers paintings by Greco and Goya.
- Budget cuts may signal a decrease in historic preservation in the U.S.
- Jordan has a new online antiquities database.
Questions or Comments? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org