|The Bost Arch in 1970|
- An op-ed by Ann Marlowe in the New York Times describes the difficulty in preserving sites like this in Afghanistan.
- A Mexican court has ruled that a Frida Kahlo archive may be authentic.
- Jeanne Redd has brought suit against the Federal government alleging abusive treatment caused her husband to commit suicide.
- A nine year prison sentence has been handed down to a dealer of counterfeit art in Chicago.
- The AIA has condemned the Smithsonian’s planned display of material from a wreck excavated off the coast of Indonesia, previously discussed here.
- The long effort devoted to preserving one of America’s first Free Black Communities in Brooklyn.
- Bulgaria, perhaps the third-richest nation in Europe in terms of ancient heritage sites has “allowed their destruction.“
- A dispute over the authenticity of works by Jean Cocteau pits a new Cocteau Museum against Pierre Berge.
- The CPAC will meet in June to evaluate the Memorandums of Understanding with Bolivia, Mali, and Guatemala.
Questions or Comments? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org