Noteworthy items from the last week:
- A former employee of the State Museum in Trenton New Jersey was charged with stealing a rare atlas worth $60,000.
- Charles McGrath of the NYT speculates about who will succeed Philippe de Montebello at the Met.
- Shaila Dewan, also of the NYT looks at the interesting litigation surrounding the Gees Bend quilters in Alabama.
- Black College Wire looks at the possibility of the return of more vigango to Africa.
- Tom Flynn of ArtKnows looks at the growing market for Aboriginal art.
- Another instance of theft of public art, this time in Wisconsin.
- Bucky Katt of Get Fuzzy “found” a new Monet.
Questions or Comments? Email me at email@example.com